This Blended Learning Toolkit is a free repository of information, tools, resources, models, examples, and research related to blended learning. Offered under a Creative Commons license (CC BY-NC-SA), it is designed to assist any faculty member or institution in developing a blended course or program.
The Toolkit consists of the following components:
- Best practices, strategies, models, and course design principles.
- Two prototype blended course templates in key core general education disciplines: Composition and Algebra.
- Directions and suggestions for applying the Toolkit resources to create original blended courses other than Composition and Algebra.
- Train-the-trainer materials for faculty development.
- Assessment and data collection protocols, including survey instruments and standards.
- Research and literature references related to blended learning.
For those institutions being funded as part of the UCF-AASCU NGLC grant, additional support will be provided as part of the grant activities including training, webinars, and virtual and in-person meetings. Sessions will include orientation, preparatory, and ongoing support information throughout the project for the following audiences:
- Faculty conducting evaluation and assessment
- Faculty implementing the template Composition course
- Faculty implementing the template Algebra course
- Faculty applying the Toolkit to develop courses in other disciplines